This week’s giveaway is the book Downtown Chic; designing your home from wreak to ravishing by Robert and Courtney Novogratz published by Rizzoli. Downtown Chic, is is one part practical guide, one part inspirational volume on building and decorating your dream home. Lots of before and after shots, with each project they prove you can bring charm to any four walls – and do so affordably.
New York City–based couple Robert and Cortney Novogratz have been renovating and designing unique and hip homes for families for over ten years. Describing their signature style as a sophisticated but bohemian mix of high and low, new and old, they offer their realistic advice on how to create original, warm interiors with ease. One part practical guide, one part inspirational volume on creating a look for the home, the book pairs humorous anecdotes about the pitfalls and pleasures of renovation with a treasure trove of decorating tips: how to use both boutique and flea-market finds; how to inject lots of personality into a room affordably; how to decorate kids’ rooms so they appeal to children and adults; how to easily rehabilitate outdated furnishings; and many more. In each of the ten projects featured—which include a townhouse in New York City, a country house in Massachusetts, and a beach house in Brazil—before and after shots document the agony and ecstasy of any renovation project, as well as revealing the design duo’s vision and remarkable ability to see through the most awful of spaces to the amazing home that lies within.
A sample of tips and advice you will find inside include:
– Tips for buying a wrek: what to consider when buying the ultimate “fixer-upper”.
– Hiring your renovation team: explanation of whom you will need and what to ask when hiring them.
– Creating a plan before you renovate, as well as a wish list (your top five or ten “must haves” for the new house, either structural or cosmetic)
– Decorate with flea market and boutique finds: they keys to mixing high and low
– Advice for building a roof deck
– How to build simple home theatres, bars, and game rooms
– Advice for installing a pool, and other kid favorite – an in-ground trampoline
– Ideas for how to use vintage artifacts to bring instant character to your house
– How to build a second home that pays for itself
– Creating kids’ rooms that appeal to kids and adults
One of you will win a copy of this decorating book here on mochatini. As always, it is super easy to enter.
Enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post expressing your interest. You need to leave me only one comment per entry. But you can double your chances of winning by :
– blogging about this giveaway on your own blogs.
ps: dont forget to mention the above in your comments.
Giveaway open until Wednesday, December 23. Winner will be selected randomly and announced December 24. Sorry but this giveaway is open to US + Canada residents only. Good luck!
images: manvi drona-hidalgo