Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers day weekend. Hubby and I cooked up quite a spread for my mother-in-law who was visiting. Our menu included french onion soup, scalloped potatoes, vegetable gratin and beer-marinated NY strip steaks. Leftovers, anyone?
1. This morning we brought our new (to us) couch home: a vintage leather chesterfield sofa in emerald with brass nail head trim from a thrift store in DC. It has minor scratches and wear but has solid bones. I wasnt on the look out for a chesterfield but fell in LOVE with it the minute I spotted it. So did hubby. And it was tooo good a deal to resist. I think its amazing that after years of being on the hunt for the “right” couch, we found one when we LEAST expected and for like dirt-cheap.
I found a VERY similar one at Anthropologie for $5990!!
2. I enjoyed watching the costumes, Reese’s cocktail dresses, Rosie doing headstands and of course, Rob P looking good as always in this movie.
3. On our over-night trip to St. Michaels, MD I learned a that an oyster filters this many bottles of water every 24 hours. Fascinating.
We enjoyed a delicious lunch here.
4. How chic would my succulents look in these planters? I would place them on these driftwood pedestals. Both from Miyo Home.
5. Blogfest2011 is just around the corner and I NEED to start packing for my trip.
We have a full schedule in additional to ICFF parties and events. SO many inspiring peeps from the design world are in attendance. Im a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Are any of you going?
Any good things come your way this past weekend? Do share I want to know.
Have a lovely week ahead.