A simple DIY for multi-purposing a painting drop cloth as a durable table cover for outdoor use.
- Natural Fiber drop cloth
- Lime green and black spray paint
- Painters tape
- Yard stick or tape measure
- Heavy objects ( food cans, tools, exercise weights, etc) to hold canvas down
- I recommend doing this project outdoors or in a garage to avoid paint fumes indoors.
- Spread drop cloth on an even flat surface. Place weights on all four corners to hold down the drop cloth.
- Measure 3 inches from the edge of cloth and mark with pencil.continue making marks the length of the drop cloth.
- Line up and place painters tape along pencil marks.
- Repeat every 3 inches until bottom of the drop cloth.
- Turn drop cloth and repeat steps 1-3 creating a checker board pattern.
- Spread out drop cloth in well ventilated area.
- Starting with top most corner, spray square with black spray paint making sure to fill in completely.
- Spray black spray paint on every alternating square. Fill in remaining squares with lime green.
- Allow to dry completely before use.
- Make sure painters tape is firmly secured to the canvas to avoid paint bleeding
- Get a friend to help with the painting. Each person takes a color to spray and you’re done in half the time
- Because of the lined bottom of the drop cloth, both sides work well as a tablecloth
Photography + styling by Manvi Drona for DIY Network.