Light Summery beverages made with fresh produce, herb-infused simple syrups or honey, and sparkling water are perfect thirst-quenchers on humid sultry days. Their nutritious benefits are an added bonus. Here are four of my favorites.
Basil-Grapefruit | Lychee-Mint | Rosemary-Peach | Cucumber-Lime
Do you have any must-try spritzer recipes to share?
Summer heat in DC is a little much for Dexter, especially in the afternoons. His favorite spot in my apartment is the bath tub where he loves to quench his thirst ( he thinks the faucet is a water fountain) and then nap in the cool tub. He is super adorable when he does this. I fill his water bowl with ice and he still prefers to drink from the tub.
Seeing how uncomfortable the Summer heat is making him had me searching for ways to keep my hot dog cool.
1. I found this three-ingredient ice cream on dog milk and decided to give it a try. Just as with other dishes I make, he devoured in less than a minute and came back for more, which makes me believe he liked it. For those less inclined to spend time making ice cream, Arrfscarf offers five delish flavors for your pup.
2. I have been taking him to parks and outdoor parties with me and a collapsible travel bowl, like this one by BlissPaws is very handy.
3. His metal colar gets too hot and I am eyeing the olive ombre rope collar by Petswag as an alternative.
4. He loves most products by Kong and Im positive this wet wubba is going to become his new best toy.
5. This cooling pad for pets looks interesting as well. Especially for when we travel.
Have a great week ahead.
This morning, I went shopping in my closet to figure what to wear for tomorrow’s celebrations. Looking for something in patriotic colors but with a stylish edge, I came up with four stylish looks. Now I cant decide which one to go with. Help me pick one.
Which do you like best?
A night with Birch Box, a colorful porch party, boozy popsicle and pea-potato salad recipes, strawberry-shortcake bridal shower, DIY fourth of July picnic and more lovely things that came my way recently.
25 boozy popsicle recipes at snippet+ink
Pretty paper goods by Little Bit Heart for a strawberry shortcake-inspired bridal shower.
Pea-potato salad by Coco+Kelley
Cute DIY fourth of July picnic ideas over at Glitter Guide
I want a bed swing like this for my apartment.
Birch Box held a private dinner at Malmaison in DC last week. Isnt the decor pretty?
It was lovely to meet Brich Box co-founder Katia, editor Meredith, the Skirt PR team and other DC-based lifestyle bloggers.
This salted caramel tart is heavenly and thanks to Malmaison’s owner I got to bring one home as well.
And who doesnt love a Birch Box as party favor? Right? Are you a Birch Box subscriber?
Have a great (short) week. xoxo