Essential tips to maximizing storage in a very small kitchen.
- Base units play a particularly important part in organizing storage space.
- Additional space by installing a peninsula on end one of the kitchen counter or below the built-in kitchen island.
- Cabinets to the ceiling allow for more storage
- Create an inventory of items and plan storage and function-space for everything in the kitchen.
- Pull-through slides are ideal for islands because they allow drawers to be opened from either side. Some specialty slides allow drawers to extend beyond a full extension.
Wake up to happy with cheerful colors in the bedroom. Bring in coral, blush, rose, yellow, and sunset hues using accessories, art pieces, and furniture to create a positive and Summery feeling bedroom.
I like this faux fur throw.
via here, here and here
Less than ten days away from moving into my teeny studio condo and more than three-quarters of my current one-bedroom still to pack, I am slowly coming to terms with the reality of it all.
I have toooo much stuff that I don’t organize properly so I end up never finding things when I need them and then end never hardly using them. I often fantasize about a clutter-free, super-organized, everything-is-where-it-should-be living space but, truth be told, I wish someone else would do it for me.
Inspired by strategies to de-clutter over on AT, I hope to change this as I move into my new digs. Determined to live large in a small studio that feels uncluttered, efficient, and inspiring, my plan is to divide the space into little functional zones.
For instance, I love the idea of having a coffee bar. Coffee is such a big part of my daily routine and it would save so much time (and $$) to make my own espresso drinks everyday. Give my coffee sets, espresso maker, and specialty coffee beans the love they deserve.
Another must-do is to give my bookcases a makeover and style them better. I also really like the idea of having in this setting instead of the living area or bedroom.
I am also toying with the idea of a pendant swing for additional seating. It seems like a great way to reduce the number of furniture pieces competing for floor space and adds a fun visual element to the layout. Havent dug deep into styles and costs yet, but my initial searches I came across this handwoven swingchair made using bamboo and recycled cotton.
You guys, I am bursting with ideas for my place. Just need to stop procrastinating packing and the actual move…wish me luck!