Being back in India makes me wish I had more opportunities to wear black chiffon saris in DC. Dont they look fabulously sexy? Might as well add a couple to my wardrobe while Im here.. Am so going to rock one this holiday season under a faux fur jacket of course…
Have a great weekend friends.
Things have a been a little quiet on the blogging front this week. I am working on a few site upgrades + fixes and other technical stuff which I hope to have resolved by next week.
Meanwhile, check out these sensational bedrooms that unabashedly bring SEXY back to boudoirs, making it THAT much harder to get out of bed, and some of my tips to transform your bedroom into a sensual retreat.
I have also been planning a new headboard for our master suite and I think I might have found the perfect fabric to reupholster it with. Perfect, for now anyway. Will share more deets on this shortly. I want to add nail head trim to the headboard, any of you know where I can find the tools for this? Help!
Here are a few of my MUSTS to create a sexy boudoir.
- COMFORT IS KEY!!
- The room should be dark and cozy to ensure good rest.
- Soft Bedding: dont skimp on sheets. Buy the best ones you can find/afford. I am a huge fan of white bedding protected by a patterned bedspread. I got my comforter set from Zicci Bea, sheets from target and bedspread by John Robshaw. Also, ironed sheets make ALL the difference.
- Foam mattress topper: want the feel of a Tempurpedic but not ready for a new mattress? Try a memory foam topper and contour pillow for similar comfort. Trust me, your body will thank you in the AM.
- Higher bed and tall headboard make small bedrooms look larger while making this the focal point of the room.
- Add soft drapes around the bed to make things more intimate and romantic.
- Dont forget to add rugs, lots of them especially if you have hardwood floors.
- Lamps: mood lighting and reading lamps
- Fresh flowers
- Gild! Add glamorous touches with metallic and mirrored details
- Plush chair or sofa
- Layers and textures
- Soft fabrics, wall coverings, and window treatments
- Go big but dont forget to edit. Less is def more when it comes to bedrooms
- Make it feel luxurious and a place you feel like at peace in
What are your musts for a sexy bedroom?
images: Elle Decor, merchant design