We have moved to our new home! Finally after months of house hunting and anticipation, we found our new nest in Takoma Park, MD. A charming house on a lovely tree lined street. Some of the trees are more than 100ft tall.
Moving day was this past Saturday, rain and all…It took the movers over 8 hours from start to finish. They did a great job and even gave us a discount for using them again.
Movers, Paul and our plants, Some of them didn’t make it 🙁
I still can’t believe its ours! And all the space!! Yahoooo!! Space for my design projects, storage, Paul’s library, guest room, office, and sooo much more.
We have year around Christmas Tree like shrubs..anyone know what these are called? Aren’t they just so pretty along the walk up the house?
Japanese Maple tree in our front yard. In the back you can see all the Bamboo trees as well.
Here are some highlights- more pics to follow soon.
– Pre-war cape cod/ colonial. 6 bedrooms, 3 bath, huuuuge backyard, and trees everywhere
– Hardwood floors (Oak?) in entire house except kitchen and bathrooms
– Brick fireplace that works ( well after a visit from the chimney sweep it will). I always wanted a real fireplace to cuddle up in front of in winters
– Bamboo and Japanese Maple trees in front yard
– Ginormous mater suite with high high ceiling and jacuzzi
While its great as it is, it needs a lot of love and personalization. Over next few months, we have our home improvement projects cut out for us. Some upcoming projects –
– Interior decorations!! I can’t wait to unpack and start decorating all the rooms.
– Landscaping in backyard – we want a water feature, fireplace/ bbq combo, Zen-like garden and having lots of friends over
– Kitchen – there is nothing wrong with it, we want to redo it to suit our lifestyle, I don’t like the flooring, and the cabinets and we need to make space for our new appliances – all stainless and energy saver, with eco-options of course!
The house has a walk-out basement. Plenty of windows allow for bright and airy rooms. We have a second kitchen in the basement and will update that as well. We plan to rent this unit out for a while and later use this space for entertaining large groups of friends.
I’m really excited, can’t wait to get all the unpacking done with. More pictures to follow soon.